Monday, July 4, 2011

Trust Issues

I trust most people I come in contact with. That is mostly good, though it can go against me at times.

One question I ask, however, is why do I often have trouble believing the most trustworthy source in the entire universe? One who would never steer me in the wrong direction.

Do you also struggle to trust God sometimes? Or many times? You are not alone. When this happens I go to the same Bible verse almost every time. Proverbs 3:5 says...trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own undertanding. The Amplified version says..lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind, and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. Another translation says do not rely on your own intelligence.

Easier said than done? I can vouch for that. I have a decent amount of intelligence and I often rely on it. I see things as they are instead of how they can be. So how do we get aroud this? The next verse says...in all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. When we focus on God and His ability and power, it takes the focus off ourselves and our circumstances. God can do a lot more with them than we can.

Two things work best for me in doing this. One is to focus on times in my life where God has really come through, from the most basic situations to some of the most difficult. Two, is to focus on the faith verses and miracles in the Bible. If miracles happen for others, why not us? When I do these two things, it's amazing how much easier it is to trust in God. And it's amazing how positive and powerful my life becomes. The same will happen for you.

Have an excellent day!

No comments: