Monday, July 18, 2011

Three Ways to Get Answered Prayers

Wouldn't it be nice if we always received what we wanted in life? Unfortunately, it doesn't always work that way. However, there are things we can do to ensure that our prayers are answered (when it's in our best interest for God to do so).

John 15:7-8 says, If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given to you. This is to my father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my desciples. Another great scripture verse is Matthew 21:22. It says, if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

Based on these verses, I see three main ways to receive what you are seeking in life:

1. Remain in Him. This means remaining in constant communication with God through prayer. It also means believing in Him and His promises, being as much like Jesus as we can, and acting obediently according to His word and what we are prompted to do. In short, when we pray, listen and watch for a response, and act accordingly, we are increasing the chances of our prayers being answered.

2. Read and know His word. This occurs from reading the Bible and living it out. When His words are in our mind and on our heart, we are more likely to act appropriately and understand what He is doing in our lives.

3, Have/demonstrate faith. It is simple. The more we believe and expect good things to happen in our lives, the more likely we are to see it happen.

Why do these actions increase the chance of positive results? If you look at verse 8 from John 15 it talks about the Father's glory, that you would bear much fruit. When you abide in Him, know His word, and live in faith, it glorifies God. Don't you think God would be very willing to help you if He knows it would glorify Him? I would think so. The only time God would not honor a prayer is if it is something that would not glorify Him, or if it is not in His right timing.

This formula has worked very well for me, and I have seen its power in my own life. I strongly recommend you follow it. I am sure you will see the blessing in your life as well.

No comments: