Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How to Quench Spiritual Thirst

God helped me in a major way today. I was feeling down. I felt useless, faithless, and frustrated that some things in my life weren't going my way.

You may be saying..wait a minute, Joe. This is supposed to be a positive blog. What's with the negative feelings? To answer that, I will say that even the best of us optimists have days like this every once in a while. What did I do? I went to the only one that could help me in a situation like this...God Himself.

It's amazing how God works. Earlier in the day, during my devotion time, I read Isaiah 55:1. It says, Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come buy and eat! Come buy wine and milk without money and without cost. While praying to God, I realized my problem. I have spent so much time figuring out how to accomplish things in my own power that I have not focused enough on God and His power. The reason that I was feeling as I was is because I was spiritually thirsty.

The greatness of God is shown in this verse. He says all we have to do in order to quench this spiritual thirst is come to Him. Acknowledge His love and power and just draw to it. And notice what He says about the cost of coming to Him at the end of the verse. There is none!

Are you experiencing a spiritual thirst? Are you feeling an incompleteness in your life? You can begin solving the problem by just going to Him. Let God handle your difficult situations. He is ready for you to ask for His help, and He provides for you freely and willingly.

My day was turned around instantly. As I focused on the power and love of God throughout the rest of my day, I felt a powerful peace around me and inside of me. I was spiritually full, and the light in me that had been dimmed was shining brightly once again.

It's a simple invitation to come to God and see what He can do for you. Will you take it? If you do, your thirst will be gone. Enjoy the blessings : )

No comments: