Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Help Me With My Faith

I have been reading a lot (and writing a great deal about it in this blog as well) about the power of faith. The greater one's faith, the more likely they are to experience the life they desire.

The problem is that it is so often easier said than done. What about the times where, no matter how hard we try, we just have so much difficulty believing? I know I am supposed to have faith, but I just can't!

I'm sure everyone has been in this situation, and I found a couple of verses of assurance. The first is from Mark 9:24. In the previous verse, Jesus says everything is possible for him who believes. In this verse the person He said it to requests..please help me with my unbelief. This tells me that if we ask for Godly help in this area, we can receive it. Another verse is 2 Timothy 2:13. It says...if we are faithless, he will remain faithful. To me, this is saying that God expects that we will not always be faithful. Difficult situations arise, and it is easy to put our focus on the problem instead our Heavenly helper. This tells me that God is with us regardless. He will still be there in every situation, offering His help and guidance.

The challenge is to consciously take this with us throughout our day. Let us remember that He is with us, and that our faith grows the more we focus on God and His way. And when our faith grows, great things start to happen.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: