Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Excellence of Normal

It was a difficult week for me. I almost never get sick, but I spent Easter flat on my back down and out. The only exercise I had was the frequent walks from my bed to the bathroom. It has taken me almost a week to recover.

It feels so good to be normal again! I can eat what I want, and not have to stop and decide if whatever I do will zap my energy or make me feel sick again. It made me realize how often I take my normal life for granted. Some people live their entire lives feeing like I did. They can't eat or do certain things. They can't go certain places.

I have this strong desire for excellence, and to go above and beyond my current circumstances. Average isn't good enough for me anymore. However, this week has helped me realize how blessed my "normal" life is. I can eat and do what I want. Besides this week, the health of my family and I is excellent. We live in a beautiful house with many "toys". I have a good job (for now anyway).

I wondered why God had me miss the play I was supposed to be in and the excellent family gathering we had on Easter. Now I think I know why. Although I seek greater things, I certainly have a greater appreciation for the normal in my life. I hope your normal is excellent too.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: