Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Power of Forgiveness

I was doing some thinking this morning. I was trying to figure out how to pay off the mountain of credit card debt I have. Then I started thinking some positive thoughts. I saw myself as debt free. I prayed to God and thanked Him in advance for His help. Total optimism was in the air!

But wait! This can't happen. I don't deserve it. After all, I am the only reason for this debt mess. It's because of my bad financial decisions, incorrect priorities, and not pursuing some potential opportunites. God says I'm supposed to be a good steward. In many aspects I have failed in that area. So I guess I should forget my financial miracle, right?

Not so fast. A bit later I am reminded of the power of God's forgiveness. We all make mistakes. Some of us make more than others. However, in EVERY case, we are forgiven. If we don't believe that, then Jesus died on the cross in vain. I am sorry, but I do not want to be a person that this act of love is wasted on.

It is this great news that I now focus on. How are we forgiven? All we have to do is ask. How much are we forgiven? Completely. As an old song says, our sins are on the bottom of the ocean floor. Unlike the famous ship, God does not go digging for them years later. They are gone and forgotten forever. Our job is to move on, learn, and do our best to avoid making the same mistakes.

So now I take the next steps with confidence. I pray with all of my heart; I have extreme faith; I see financial freedom in my mind; I take the steps necessary to achieve it. All with the confidence that my past mistakes are forgotten forever. Now that's power and freedom!

This power and freedom are available to anyone. In fact, God is waiting for you to ask. If you haven't already I suggest you experience it for yourself.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: