Monday, April 4, 2011

Correct Focus

Wow, what a non-stop day! Some issues this morning caused me to be 15 minutes late for work. I had one 45 minute break from 8 to 4:30. Then an hour meeting afterwards. Dinner was a mystery shop, and now I sit at 6:30 for an oil change appointment.

Yes, it's a long day. Yes, many others have it worse. Do I dwell on the craziness? I could, and on certain days a day like this would affect me more. However, if I keep my mind on positive things, it will still be a great day. What positive things? The fact that God is with me every step of the way; the fact that He is using me to positively affect those around me; the fact I am blessed beyond what I deserve; the fact that life is as good as I can believe it to be.

Yes, I will be tired when I go to bed (after the NCAA final of course). However, by focusing on keeping a positive frame of mind, I will do so with a smile on my face. I hope you will too : )

No comments: