Sunday, April 17, 2011

Advanced Praise

I enjoyed a great church service this morning. We were given an excellent message. It's one I've heard before, but haven't been practicing as much as I should lately.

The pastors (yes, it was a group sermon today) were talking about praising God in all circumstances. If you are going through a battle (most of us have at least one in our lives) it is important to continue praising God, even though we are not seeing the desired results yet. Thank Him in advance for the great work He is doing. It is not always easy, especially if we are facing a major challenge. However, I have found that it is worth doing.

I have always found this beneficial during the times I have practiced it. First of all, it brings a major peace to the situation. Second, it takes our focus off the problem and places it on Him. That's a great thing because I know I have a much better chance of winning the battle with God fighting it than I do fighting in my own strength. Third, I strongly believe the victory is won sooner. God rewards us for having faith and placing our trust in Him. The victory is not always how we would see it, but it is always good.

I take this with me for the rest of this day, and for this break of a week I have. My goal is to constantly be praising and thankful so that it becomes a habitual and regular attitude. I can't wait to see the positive effects.

No comments: