Saturday, April 16, 2011

Progress Reports

(This was actually written Thursday Aprl 14)...I am feeling some extra energy today as I was able to sleep in a bit. It's parent conference day at my school and I don't have to be there until noon. I always enjoy these days because I am able to share all of the great things my students are doing in my class with their parents.

Wait a minute, what about the ones who create distractions in the class or don't do their work? Isn't this a golden opportunity to get back at them by letting their parents know? Yes, those situations are addressed. However, every one of my students has at least one positive thing they do. It is these that I focus on when talking to the parents.

I believe in the importance of doing this in our lives as well. We all make mistakes and we need to correct those and learn from them. However, each one of has a great deal of positives webring to the world. I believe it is up to us to focus on those. The more we do, the more we can do for ourselves and others as well. The more we focus on the positive qualities of the people around us, the more likely we are to see those qualities continue.

It's a simple fact that when we focus on the positives in our lives we tend to see mostly positive results. It helps with the negatives too. By maintaining a positive focus, it either causes the negatives to disappear on their own, or it helps us find the solution to the problem. Either way we win

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: