Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Unconscious Success

In my previous post I discussed the concept of the subconscious mind, and how certain things become automatic because they are engrained in our subconscious. I mentioned that I would provide specific examples of how we can use our conscious mind to influence our subconscious.

One thing I did not mention in the previous post is that our subconscious cannot tell the difference between real or imagined events. What this means is that we can control the thoughts that enter our subconcious. If we imagine the results we want to achieve, being the person we want to be, and having the health, finances, etc that we want to have, our subconscious ultimately believes it. The result is that we act accordingly. For example, if you are seeking greater self-confidence, imagine yourself as the confident person you want to be. See the positive reactions from others. Experience the results of greater confidence. Live it in your mind. Ultimately, you begin to see yourself as that person. Eventually, the results of this confidence are not only imagined, but lived out in real life.

I have practiced this and seen great results. For example, my wife and I were having some difficulties in our marriage. Rather than point the finger at her, I began to look within myself. I imagined myself as the perfect husband (even though I am far from it). I imagined myself doing things and making my wife very happy. What ultimately happened, is I began believing that I was a great husband. I then began doing things that would back that up. I became more confident in my ability to serve my wife and make her happy. As a result, it has actually happened. My wife is happier, all because I saw myself as someone who could be a good spouse, and then became a much better one.

I was also struggling at my job. Some negative things were going on there. Instead of making the best of it, I complained much more than I should have, and really began resenting being there. Finally, I followed the same steps. I saw myself being the best teacher I could be. I imagined a positive attitude, and the impacts it created for the kids I teach and adults I work with. I saw the smiles on their faces, and the growth in their lives. Once again, my mind believed it. My confidence grew, and much of what I imagined began coming true. Things there are still not perfect, but my job performance has improved, my attitude is positive, and people are being positively impacted as a result.

These are just two examples of how we can influence our subconscious minds. Remember, our subsconscious is our autopilot. If it is filled with thoughts of confidence and competence, our life will be a result of that. We will enjoy it more, and our confidence and ability will snowball. It is up to us to consciously fill our minds with positive and powerful thoughts. By doing so, I guarantee you will reap the benefits. I surely have.

Please be sure to share your success stories. Have an excellent day : )

No comments: