Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thank You!

For my past two posts, I have focused on one of my favorite Bible verses. It is I Thessalonians 5:16-18....Be joyful always, and pray continually. The final part of that verse says to "give thanks in all circumstances".

How easy is it to be thankful? If one developes a habitual attitude of gratitude, it can be a regular part of their life. When my attitude is right, I feel like, for the most part, I am good at expressing appreciation to God and those around me.

I believe the difficult part of the verse is the part that says "all circumstances". It is easy to be thankful when things are going our way. However, if you are like me, it is difficult to focus on the positives when things are going against us.

Due to the fact that it is difficult to remain thankful in all circumstances, I believe we actually have two things going for us. One is that God will help us. Since, according to the verse "this is His will for us", He is readily available to help us focus on the right things and have the right attitude as long as we ask. Second, if we are constantly thankful, even when things go against us, I believe we will be seriously blessed at the appropriate time. It is our nature to continue to give to those that appreciate what we do. I believe our God is the same, and He will continue to shower us with His favor if we are appreciative of what we have.

Like many of His challenges, this one is not easy. However, by following this command, our lives will be much more rewarding. I thank God for that.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: