Monday, February 22, 2010

Say Yes

I had a chance to watch "The Yes Man" movie during the weekend. It was a very entertaining movie. Jim Carey stars as generally negative man afraid to try new things in life. He then attends a seminar where he pledges to say yes to everything in life. As a result, all aspects of his life change dramatically.

Although parts of the movie are a bit exaggerated, and it is impossible to say yes to absolutely everything in life, I love the idea. What would happen in our own lives if we said yes a lot more than we do? I tried this experiment during the past couple of days. As much as I could, I said yes as much as possible, even in situations where I would have normally said no. I already saw a great difference in the several situations where I did this. It was nothing extaordinary, but eventually those smiles that were put on other people's faces as a result add up to extraordinary impacts. For me, that makes it worth it to continue this "experiment".

I challenge anyone else to do the same. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a main aim of the movie. It was just another Hollywood comedy, but the message is strong. By living a yes life, one can live an exciting, positive life filled with pleasant surprises. That would go beyond anything Hollywood could ever provide. Do you believe me? Please say....Yes!!

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: