Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Good Laugh

Isn't it funny (no pun intended) how a good laugh can change even the worst of moods? I find that, even after the most stressful days, if I see or hear something that makes me laugh it seems to lift the dark cloud. Laughter can even have medical benefits. It can either help heal the sick or depressed, or help others maintain an increase their well-being.

As I get older, I notice I don't do some things as much as I used to. Sad to say, laughing is one of them. I would consider myself to be a happy person. It's not that I don't want to laugh, I just don't do it as much as I should. And knowing how beneficial it is, I feel like I need to return it to my daily life.

An excellent suggestion was recently made to me. Find something to laugh at every day. There are many sources of comic material, mainly television, DVD, and of course the internet. Also, nothing is better than sharing a good laugh with a family member or friend. The key is to consciously make the effort to find something to laugh at. The benefits are great, and as we feel better it is naturally contagious to those around us.

Some days are more difficult than others. However, I don't think it is very difficult to find some "laugh time" to take away the edge. I believe it is well worth the invested time. No joke!

Have an excellent day

No comments: