Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Simple Definition of God's Will

Are you one who wants to know God's will for your life? Do you sometimes have difficulty wondering exactly what it is? If you are like me, you struggle with this question on a regular basis. If only there was a simple answer.

As I pondered this in my own devotional time I was lead to one of my favorite verses in the entire Bible. I was reminded that a simple example of God's will for us was right here in front of me. The verse is in I Thessalonians 5:16-18. Verse 18 specifically states, "this is God's will for your life".

Today I will touch on verse 16 which simply says...Be joyful always. It is a simple and direct command, though not always an easy one to follow. Part of God's will and desire for our lives is that we remain joyful. How easy or difficult is it to do this? I believe the answer is totally up to us. If I have my mind made up to be joyful I can accomplish it no questions asked, regardless of any negative situations that get in the way. If I am not joyful, it is because I am choosing not to be, regardless of all the good I have to be thankful for.

I am realizing more each day how the level of joy in my life is under my control. I also realize more and more how much I benefit from choosing to be joyful. Not only myself, but also those who have me as part of their world. When we are joyful, life seems so much more rewarding and worth living. It positively affects all areas: our confidence, spirituality, relationships, work, etc.

One may ask, what about those difficult times when people or circumstances seem to do everything possible to steal our joy? Unfortunately, times like that are inevitible, even for the most joyful of people. I believe, since God's word says joy is part of His will for us, that He will help us find the strength we need. We just need to ask. If we ask Him and keep our minds right, I believe it won't be long before the joy returns.

This blog is called Positive Power. One way to experience true positive power is to remain joyful. It is possible....if you want it to be. So keep smiling and enjoy the wonderful blessings you have received in your life. I strongly believe it will result in many more. It certainly has for me.

In my next post, I will touch on verse 17.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: