Monday, February 1, 2010

The Power of Prayer

The name of this blog is Positive Power. I was reflecting the other day about what to write about and provide examples of positive power. Then it hit me in the middle of this past Sunday's church service (that's when you know it's God talking). I was reminded of the ultimate positive power. One that I don't do half as much as I should. That is the power of prayer.

We had a guest speaker at church and he was actually quite interesting. However, I cannot remember much of what he said. I kept going back in my mind to this power. As I thought about what to write when I arrived home, I thought about some of the ways I've learned to pray. I will share some of those during the week.

For today, I will start with the most significant one. The Lord's prayer. I will take it from Matthew 6:

Our Father in heaven; hallowed be your name; your kingdom come; your will be done on earth as it is in heaven; Give us today our daily bread; Forgive us our debts as we also have forgotten our debtors; And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

This prayer covers it all....worship, submission, petition, forgiveness, protection. It is how we are taught to pray. There is nothing more powerful than the power of prayer. If I am using this blog as an opportunity to discuss positive power for life I would be remiss if I didn't mention prayer power. It is powerful. It is peaceful. It has impacted my life in so many powerful ways that I feel the need to share.

Tomorrow I will discuss a four part prayer that does wonders for our own lives and for those around us. In the meantime, I would love to hear how prayer has positively impacted your life. I pray that you have an excellent day : )

No comments: