Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Positive Focus

Why is it that when we take on life's challenges we tend to think of what may go wrong instead of what we can accomplish? There are people that don't think that way. However, as much as I consider myself a positive thinker, I still fight this battle on a regular basis.

I keep reading how we eventually receive in our lives what we focus our thoughts on. So why not focus on what I want to happen? I am constantly reminded these days how beneficial this is, and how much more successful I can be by constantly seeing the end result as I believe it should be.

Perhaps you are facing the same struggle. If so, I will share the same advice I am being given. Focus on the positive results you want to see, not the potential negatives. If you focus and act correctly, the negatives and obstacles will be taken care of. Sometimes we may have to work harder and wait longer, but we will eventually reap the postive benefits of the task.

Want some examples? Perhaps you have a job interview. See yourself as successful and valuable instead of wondering how you will come across. Want to lose weight? See yourself at the weight you want to be at instead of reminding yourself of the snack habit you still can't break. Want to improve your relationships? See the beauty in yourself and others instead of the issues that may be causing problems. Need more money? Focus on positive opportunities instead of what you may be missing.

These are just some examples. This is obviously a bit simplified and there are more variables involved, but I still see it as helpful information. Once again, I am not the expert here. I am learning so much valuable information that is transforming my life and I feel the need to share. I hope it helps you as much as it does me.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: