Friday, April 2, 2010

The Power of Love

It's funny how one of my favorite Celine Dion songs runs through my head as I write this title. However, love is much more powerful than what we hear in this and most other songs we listen to.

In my previous blog I discussed the power of living with a high energy. I mentioned the three I believe to be the highest energies: love, joy, and peace, with love being the highest. If we can live our lives with love and be love we can make our lives more effective and have greater postive impacts on the world around us. So how do we do this?

I believe we first have to fully understand what love is. There is no greater definition than that found in I Corinthians 13:4-7......Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

There is no better explanation than this one of what love is. As I look at what those verses say, I realize how "not difficult" it is. Yes, sometimes it is easier said than done, especially when difficult people and circumstances arrive. However, with practice, and most importantly relying on God to perfect it in us, these principles are easy to follow and easy to be.

The challenge for me, and I will relay it to anyone else interested in positively impacting our world, is to realize the benefits of being this loving example. In my mind I see myself being blessed beyond measure, and I see how it benefits those around me. I smile as I see in my mind what God is doing all around me, and how He is using me to build His kingdom. It's interesting how, when we continue to see this in our minds, that it is much more likely to occur in reality. For me, lots of this already has.

If our continuous focus is to be and share the love of God that is in us, the blessings and impacts we imagine (along with those so good we can't even imagine) will be real. I will share as they do for me, and invite anyone else to please do the same.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: