Saturday, April 24, 2010

Present Moments

Wow, time goes quickly, doesn't it? I realize its been four days since I wrote something here. I also realize the other items not checked off on my to do list as another week has quickly passed us by.

So what do I do now? Try to catch it all up in one day? According to my most recent readings, the best I can do is...the best I can do. Yes, I understand that doesn't make sense. We are only alloted a certain amount of time to accomplish what we need to. The key is to do all we can in the amount of time we have in the present moment.

The minutes and hours I have lost this week are gone forever. The best I can do today is to be and do my best RIGHT NOW! I do need to have ideas and plans for the future. However, I have full control over this present moment. It is what I do with this control that will be the greatest determining factor of how future moments turn out.

Although I can learn from my past, I can't bring it back. Although I can be ready for my future, I can't bring it here now. It is the present moment that I have at my fingertips. This is the time to make things happen.

I hate to cut this short, but my to do list is made, and I am focused! This information has helped me a great deal, and that's why I share it with you. I have learned that, if I put my primary focus on what I can do in the present time I have, I worry less and accomplish more. Also, things are done more effectively.

Please enjoy your present moments today : )

No comments: