Monday, April 5, 2010

It's Contagious!

Why is it that when we hear the word contagious, we think of some kind of sickness? I teach in a school, and contagious is a nasty word that no one wants to hear. The same can be true in any work place.

I like to use the contagious term in the postive form. Is there such a thing? In a previous blog I talked about living life with a high energy. I discussed the high energy of love, and now I will touch on joy. It's amazing how much better life seems when we live with a joyful attitude. Everything just seems better, more positive, and more rewarding.

What's the best part about living this way? It's contagious! Have you ever noticed how even one joyful, positive person can light up an entire room full of people? It's true that one negative person can take the fun away from things. However, not only is it true that one joyful person can inspire a crowd, but the energy and positive effects it creates is much more powerful than a negative one.

That's the type of person I want to be. It's also amazing how, when we live with a joyful attitude (yes, the choice is ours), the joyful circumstances seem to penetrate our lives. I see it in my own life. Sometimes life is excellent just because I think it is.

Since this has such a positive effect on my life and those around me, I take it as a challenge to live life with joy. Enjoy each moment and see God's beauty and good in everything. It's amazing how the beauty and good multiplies around me when I do. I present the same challenge to anyone reading this. I look forwarding to hearing about the results.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: