Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Can Money Fall From Trees?

I wrote a blog post the other day about maintaining the correct mindset to bring more money into your life. In that post I said that, even though the thought process must be right, one must take necessary action because money doesn't just fall from trees. Well, I may have lied.

When we have the correct mindset about money, interesting things happen. Today when I went through our incoming mail, I found a letter addressed to my wife and I. There was no return address. Inside was an anonymous note saying we may need some help with school supplies. This along with two $100 bills.

My thoughts about money have been good lately. Was it my thoughts that brought the money to me? Partially. As I mentioned in that previous blog (see "A Free Way To Increase Your Income), when we pray and maintain correct thoughts it helps develop the faith necessary for miracles. Along with correct thinking, I believe it is important to know who this money was from. Not so much the human individual. I will probably never know who sent this. I have some ideas, but the people I'm thinking of would be too humble to ever admit they sent it and would never tell. Regardless, I have asked God to bless whoever it is a thousand times over. I know He will do that. Speaking of God, I credit Him for this blessing. I believe it was His idea in the first place, and He planted the idea and resources into my mysterious blesser's hands. I have not stopped thanking Him all day.

Based on my faithful thoughts, I expected to receive some extra money. I did not expect to receive it this way. That's the cool thing about God's miracles. We often receive them in ways we would never expect.

The last thing I will say about this is the wonderful snowball effect this action has. The giver is blessed by God for his/her actions. I have certainly been blessed. Now I am inspired to do the same for others. When I see someone with similar needs, I will be more inclined to share my money, time, and talents. They will then be blessed at that time. And hopefully, others will be blessed and inspired simply by reading this, and then bless others by sharing it with them.

So...when you are near the trees, look up! You never know what might be falling from them. Enjoy the blessings : )

No comments: