Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Faith Focus

What's the best non-fiction book you've ever read? For me, one of the best I have ever read, and continue to refer to on a regular basis is "The Power of Positive Thinking", by Norman Vincent Peale. It has a ton of excellent, helpful, and powerful information.

One of the main themes of this book is using faith techniques to create more confidence and power for ourselves. This in turn positively affects others around us as well. The main advice that he provides is to find as many faith verses as you can in the Bible, and focus on them throughout each day. It's a very simple, but logical idea. The power of God remains in our conscious minds, and it affects the way we go about our lives. These attitudes eventually become automatic, resulting in the greater confidence and power we are seeking. I have seen this in my own life so I know how true it is.

Over my next few blogs I will focus on some of these faith verses that have helped me. I will start with my favorite of all. It is from Mark 11:22-24....Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'go throw yourself into the sea and does not doubt in his heart but believes what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

God has great things in store for our lives. He wants us to see it, and basically says that if it is His will and we see it happening (even though it hasn't yet), it will happen! An effective practice is to focus on seeing (in our minds) our prayers answered; see yourself living the life you want to live, and being the person you want to be, and then living it.

Am I oversimplifying this? At first I would tend to think yes. However, after focusing over and over on the above Bible verse, I believe it is what God would want me to do, along with prayer and making sure I am keeping Him, His will, and His kingdom first in my life. It is very powerful, and can have powerful effects on your life and the life of those around you. I challenge myself and anyone reading this to constantly "see" our prayers being answered before they actually are. I believe that, by doing this on a regular basis, you will "see" it for real. I've already seen far too much proof of this in my own life. As always, I look forward to hearing about your victories.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: