Monday, May 31, 2010

Why My Family is the Best

I just returned from a weekend at my parents' house. I was there with my wife and kids, my parents, and my two sisters and their families. It's always a full house as one sister has 8 kids. It's a bit loud and crazy, but it's always great. There were three things I observed this weekend to further my belief that I am the luckiest human being regarding family:

1. There was not one negative word the whole weekend. This is no exaggeration. Yes, sometimes kids whine a bit, and adults disagree. However, all of the kids got along without any issues, and there was nothing but pleasant conversation among the adults.

2. Everyone enjoyed each other's company. I felt loved and appreciated by every single person there, and I am sure they felt the same from me. Everyone was happy to be there and would not have argued with the weekend lasting a few more days.

3. Laughs and smiles were the theme of the weekend. It was easy to laugh and help others to do the same.

I don't share this information to brag. I share it as a public display of thanks to my Creator for bringing me into this world and sharing this part of eternity with the wonderful people He has allowed me to call family. They are simply the best. I would certainly hope you are lucky enough to say the same about yours.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: