Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Expect A Miracle

Mothers Day is always a special day as we celebrate the moms in our life. For this most recent one we spent a wonderful day with my mother in law. Per her request we attended service at her church instead of our own.

I am very comfortable with my church and very much enjoy our services. However, I am always open to visiting other churches to see how other Christians worship and reflect on the Word. As I entered this church, it took me about five seconds to know I would like it there. As you walk into the sanctuary, there is a big sign above that says "Expect a Miracle".

How often do you expect miracles? If you're like many, it is not often enough. We often focus on our worries and doubts instead of the great possibilities that await us. I know I can fall into that category more often than I care to admit.

It is amazing how, when we expect miracles, they happen. I've seen it far too many times in my own life. As we read about the many miracles in the Bible, or even in our current world, we see that it is when people have faith that great things happen. The Bible says, "if you believe you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer (Matthew:21:22). "Everything is possible to him who believes (Mark 9:23). There are many other verses that say the same.

I believe God is waiting for us to ask for miracles. So why not ask? He will not be offended. He will not push us aside. He will not say we are wrong. However, he will expect us to believe.

Whatever you are hoping for today, know that it is possible. It may not happen this instant as we want it, but miracles are wating to occur in your life. Know it and expect it, and you will soon see it. Please share when it does take place.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: