Monday, January 25, 2010

Why Wait?

I am constantly hearing the voice of Christian singer Natalie Grant in my head lately....."so you want to change the world? What are you waiting for?"

Yes, I want to impact my world positively. However, if you are like me you may have a tendency to hold back. Why do we wait, even though we are anxious to reach our goals and see our dreams come true? I believe there are several main reasons:

1. We don't know exactly what to do
2. We are afraid to fail
3. We feel like we can't do it all by ourselves

There may be other reasons, but I believe these are the most common ones. As these doubts creep into my mind (or sometimes completely take over my mind), I can begin to see God shaking his head. "When is he going to learn?", he asks. Then He reminds me:

1. He knows exactly what to do for every situation.
2. By relying on Him we CAN NOT and WILL NOT fail.
3. We don't need to do things all by ourselves. His power is far greater than ours and can overcome any obstacles.

So why wait? Instead, step out in faith in any endeavor and see the great things that can happen. I believe we CAN change the world. So what are we waiting for?

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: