Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Stress Free

Is it possible to be stress free? I was asked this question today, and it took some time for me to answer. I decided that it definitely is possible.

For anyone thinking that it is impossible, I will ask this... How does stress appear in our lives to begin with. Does God put it there? Does it just show up? The answer is an obvious no. It is we ourselves who put the stress in our lives. How? Just by allowing it and letting it take over in our thoughts.

I write this because I am completely succeptible to this. I am less stressed than many in my life. Even then, I believe I allow myself to be stressed much more than I should.

I would agree that it would be highly unlikely to go through life totally stress free. If you can do it I want to know your secret. However, by focusing our thoughts on the positive and deliberately removing the negative ones, I think we can take the necessary steps to decreasing and eliminating much of the stress in our lives.

We were created to enjoy this short time we have on earth. One of our Heavenly commands is to be joyful always. Let us take the steps to eliminate the stronghold of stress in our lives. We will benefit, and so will those around us. I can't stress that enough.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: