Sunday, December 12, 2010

Time Management Tip

Time is such a precious commodity. It is something we often feel we never have enough of, especially during the Christmas season. So how do we find more of it? Or can we?

Earlier this year I read a great time management tip, one that has helped me more than any other. I've written about it before, but as I am feeling a bit of a time crunch these days, and many others are too, I feel the need to share again.

This time management tip comes from author Jim Britt in his book, "Do This Get Rich". It is very simple, and if followed, can have dramatic effects on your productivity. I've seen it in my own life. He suggests breaking the day down into 15 minute chunks. He says thaHe He points out that, in an average day, we have 60 of these blocks. By focusing on each of these 15 minute blocks, it helps us become more aware of the time and using it effectively. He says 15 minutes works best because it is enough time to get something done, and it is short enough that, if adjustments need to be made, they can be made without a good part of the day being wasted.

It's amazing how well this can help organize your day and increase the amount you accomplish. When I organize my day this way, I find that I am more focused and more aware of what I need to get done and what I can get done. Also, I don't feel so overwhelmed and disorganized. Almost magically, the to-do list decreases, and the feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment increases.

I strongly suggest you try this method of the 15 minute breakdown. I believe you will find yourself accomplishing more, and will feel more peaceful during this sometimes hectic time. And please use one of your 15 minute chunks to share about your success : )

Have an excellent day!

No comments: