Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Present Moments

Ok, I think God is trying to tell me something lately. I keep coming across the same message in the books that I read and the positive thinking e-mails that I am receiving. They are all reminding me of the importance of focusing on the present moments of my life.

This topic is nothing new to me. I have read a great deal about focusing on the moment. I have also written several other blog posts on the same topic. Although we can certainly learn from it, the past is gone forever. Although we need to prepare for it, the future is not yet here. In fact, the quality of our future is completely dependent on what we do with our present moments.

The challenge is to pour all of our energy in what we can do and control today. We may not like some of the present situations we are in. However, if we ask for God's help and go into it with a positive attitude and do all we can possibly do, I believe we will be blessed. Eventually, either the situation will not be unpleasant anymore, or we will end up in a more desireable place.

Focusing on the present moments also helps prevent procrastination. We mainly procrastinate either because we are afraid of repeating past mistakes, or we are uncertain about a future outcome. Instead, let us focus with tunnel vision on the present task. With our own determination and God's help, we can accomplish any task at hand, regardless of past failure or what the outcome could be.

I find this to be very helpful advice. I am thankful that I have been directed to those pages and to the people who are sending this information to my e-mail inbox. It has helped me, and I throw it out there for anyone else to try as well. I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

Have an excellent day : )

No comments: